PRIORITIZING FLOOR SAFETY THROUGH SPECIFICATION (WMG-210)
This course is intended to update all architects, designers, and specifiers with regard to hard surface flooring selection. ANSI A326.3 is used to identify the available friction for a particular flooring type. With the product use categories we are able to use this table to identify appropriate walkway materials based on project specific conditions.
- Understand the significance of available friction on a hard walkway surface using the ANSI A326.3.
- Specify appropriate walkway materials based on project specific conditions using product use categories.
- Incorporate changes from International Fire Code (IFC) and International Building Code (IBC), Chapter 10 - Means of Egress.
- Comprehend the responsibilities of the specifier, architect, and designer with regard to proper product selection.
When: Selected Wednesdays
Timeframes vary from week to week: 12PM-1PM EST or 5PM-6PM EST
*This course is 100% online via Microsoft Teams with a highly trained certified walkway safety specialist.
*If you are an AIA Member, please provide your AIA Member Number upon check out to receive credit.
This course is registered with AIA CES for continuing professional education. As such, it does not include content that may be deemed or construed to be an approval or endorsement by the AIA of any material of construction or any method or manner of handling, using, distributing, or dealing in any material or product.
- 1 HSW Credit(s) earned on completion of this course will be reported to AIA CES for AIA members. Certificates of Completion for both AIA members and non-AIA members are available upon request.