Skip to content
WHAT IS THE UNT COURSE?
- This UNT assessment-based certificate program is designed for the professional responsible for walkway safety in their own or in clients’ facilities. Holding this certificate opens opportunities to develop marketable applied- engineering skills in the emerging field of walkway safety.
- This course is 100% online.
- The course is based on the standard ASTM F2948-13 “Walkway Auditor Qualifications” and consists of 8 distinct modules which can be completed at any time, at your own pace. Students will require 8 to 10 hours to complete the instructional and assessment portions of the program. Successful candidates will be awarded their certificate by the UNT College of Engineering.
- Course topics include:
- Slip and fall statistics in the United States
- Standards, regulations and the US legal environment around walkway safety
- The role of friction in human ambulation
- Tribometry - the science of friction measurement
- Walkway materials, treatments, matting, and design considerations
- Identifying and remediating walkway hazards
- Systematic walkway management
THE BENEFITS OF THE UNT COURSE
- Once you have completed the UNT Walkway Certification Course, you will hold the highest level of certification in the walkway safety industry.
- The UNT Walkway Certification Course will help you separate yourself from your competition
- Successful completion of the course will prepare you to:
- Conduct walkway audits
- Use tribometer readings to evaluate walkway safety.
- Identify, suggest remediation for, and offer resolution for slip hazards on walkways.
- Create comprehensive walkway safety programs.
- Follow-up training on the use of the Regan Scientific Instruments BOT-3000E for the purpose of conducting ANSI A326.3 slip resistance testing is available upon successful completion of the UNT Walkway Certification Course.