WHAT IS THE BOT-3000E?
- The BOT-3000E (Binary Output Tribometer) manufactured by Regan Scientific Instruments, is a highly precise, digital instrument capable of measuring the dynamic and static coefficient of friction (COF) of walkway surfaces in the lab and in the field
- The BOT-3000E is used worldwide and has become the industry accepted tribometer of choice.
- The device can measure both static and dynamic coefficient of friction with a variety of test sliders in both wet and dry conditions.
The Standard for Measuring the Coefficient of Friction
HOW THE BOT-3000E WORKS
HOW THE BOT-3000E WORKS
- The BOT-3000E and ANSI A326.3 are the results of published research conducted in the United States and Germany and represent the sound scientific methodology required to meet the “Daubert” rule of evidence in United States federal and state courts.
- The device is a motorized drag-sled which moves at a constant velocity along the floor surface. While moving, the slip resistance is metered and recorded via a standardized rubber sensing module in contact with the floor.
WHAT DOES THE BOT-3000E DO?
The BOT-3000E Tribometer is capable of measuring the Coefficient of Friction, both wet and dry, of most hard surface floors, including but not limited to:
“We're a Class A maintenance company, so proper care of specialty flooring has always been one of our top priorities. From the implementation of our first contract with WMG, they have become a reliable resource and enhanced the services we provide to our clients. We have added slip differential testing to the maintenance contracts of several prestigious buildings we service.”
“When clients ask for professional floor testing to measure the slip coefficient of the stone floors we maintain. We turn to certified testing companies such as WMG to provide proper testing and documentation. They are very professional, meet compliance requirements, pay attention to clientele needs, and above all, deliver consistent on-time detailed reporting. I do not worry about a job that I put in their hands.”
“As General Manager for Brookfield Properties, I maintain a high regard for the safety of our tenants. In an effort to reduce the risk of slip-and-fall accidents, I have contracted WMG to slip-test our marble flooring and staircase. WMG provides professional slip testing according to the latest standards and sends detailed reports of their findings.”
THE BENEFITS OF THE BOT-3000E
- It is the only device qualified for use with ANSI A326.3 “American National Standard Test Method for Measuring Dynamic Coefficient of Friction of Hard Surface Flooring Materials” released in April 2017.
- It meets the requirements of ASTM 2508 for the validation and certification of walkway tribometers, as tested by an independent laboratory.
- Measuring walkway slip resistance with the BOT-3000E per the ANSI A326.3 method allows you to recognize and remove slip and fall hazards, in compliance with the Standard of Care called for in OSHA Section 5(a)(1), General Duty Clause.
- The BOT-3000E is the only tribometer that has a data collecting and reporting app (STEP) that conforms to ANSI and ASTM standards.
- The device performs a test without human input except for the pressing of a button, making it more difficult for the operator to manipulate the results of the test.